Monday, February 06, 2006

New Cabinet

Well, I finally got some time to get back to blogging. This will be another short one, but hopefully I can keep it up to 1 to 2 posts per week.

Anyhow, the list of new cabinet ministers can be found here:

http://pm.gc.ca/eng/cabinet.asp

Those two controversial appointments are David Emerson and Michael Fortier.

For Emerson, I actually don't mind his appointment. Emerson has never been big on partisan politics, and his only goal to get elected is to serve the Canadian public. We all know that Emerson never wants to be in opposition. He wants to make impacts and changes within the government. And when you look at his record when he was the Minister of Industry, he did a very good job.

I always respect Emerson's ability and talent. It is great for Canadians to have somebody like Emerson in the Cabinet, regardless which Party he affiliates with.

Fortier is a more controversial appointment. I remember him in the 98 PC Party Leadership, running against Joe Clark, Hugh Segal, Brian Pallister, and David Orchard. Fortier came last in that race. On the other hand, Fortier has achieved a lot in the private sector, and I will give him time to prove himself in the new government before I criticize him.

3 Comments:

Blogger Bathroom Hippo said...



Yes, rather, as I recall it; David Orchard was the man who I beleive ran himself into the financial hole that we call societal devolution. As it were, the british oppose the man and I see fit to call him Orchard the Bastard. I'm just teasing...I don't know the man.

2/07/2006 7:24 a.m.  
Blogger Mentok said...

Hippo! You're in my parking spot again.

You and that damn blimp.

Oh, and hi Dan, good to see you back.

Between Hippo and Gyrobo, the blogosphere has gotten a bit kookier since you've been gone ;-)

2/10/2006 11:01 a.m.  
Blogger X said...

Yes, I'm back from the "Graveyard"!!!

2/14/2006 2:50 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home